Free School Meals
Every child in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 will receive a free school meal.
If you are a parent in receipt of any of the benefits listed below then your child is likely to be eligible for free school meals. It's quick and simple to apply online on the Family Portal.
To find out if you're eligible you can also contact Together for Children on 0191 561 1417.
You can also email them on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue that does not exceed £16,190 or
- Guarantee element of Pension Credit
Children who receive Income Support or Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance in their own right are also entitled to receive free school meals.
Children who receive 'education suitable for children who have not attained compulsory age' will need to satisfy the additional requirement of 'receiving education both before and after the lunch period' before being eligible to receive free meals.
For guidance on how to apply online through our Family Portal see our guidelines below.