At Barnwell Academy our guiding principles are that of Inclusion and Personalised Learning. We want to identify and break down barriers to learning, making the learning experience for every child tailored to their needs.
Objectives in making provision for pupils with SEND:
- All pupils have equal access to a broad, balanced curriculum which is differentiated to meet individual needs and abilities of all pupils.
- The aims of education for pupils with difficulties and disabilities are the same as those for all pupils.
- Child and Parent / Carer voice is paramount to successful outcomes for children with SEND.
- Teachers identify and meet the needs of SEND of pupils.
- Every child is entitled to have his or her particular needs recognised and addressed.
- High quality resources are offered to ensure that all needs are met.
- All pupils are entitled to experience success.
- Consideration of SEND crosses all curriculum areas and all aspects of learning and teaching.
- Good SEND practice is good practice for all pupils.