At Barnwell Academy our guiding principles are that of Inclusion and Personalised Learning. We want to identify and break down barriers to learning, making the learning experience for every child tailored to their needs.
Objectives in making provision for pupils with SEND:
- All pupils have equal access to a broad, balanced curriculum which is differentiated to meet individual needs and abilities of all pupils.
- The aims of education for pupils with difficulties and disabilities are the same as those for all pupils.
- Child and Parent / Carer voice is paramount to successful outcomes for children with SEND.
- Teachers identify and meet the needs of SEND of pupils.
- Every child is entitled to have his or her particular needs recognised and addressed.
- High quality resources are offered to ensure that all needs are met.
- All pupils are entitled to experience success.
- Consideration of SEND crosses all curriculum areas and all aspects of learning and teaching.
- Good SEND practice is good practice for all pupils.
For further information please contact:
Mr H Procter (SENCO)
Telephone: 0191 5536575
SEND Key Policies
- Accessibility Plan
- Accessibility Action Plan
- Full Equality Objectives
- Equality and Diversity Policy
- SEND Policy
- SEND Code of Practice - Statutory Guidance
For more information click here.
SEND Compliments, Concerns and Complaints
The education of all our pupils that attend Barnwell Academy is very important to us.
Compliments are always greatly received and can be passed on either directly to the SENCO, or formally recorded via our compliments form.
All staff work very hard to ensure that each child is happy at school and makes progress. Any concerns about our SEND provision will be dealt with as quickly as possible. Concerns can be passed on directly or recorded via our concerns form.
Any formal complaints would follow our academy complaints procedure.
Any complaints regarding statutory assessments of Special Education Needs (EHCP) should be raised directly with Sunderland Local Authority.